We have a unique opportunity for a Turf Manager to join our Parks and Maintenance contract team based in Masterton. This role will suit a Groundsman who is passionate about cricket and turf maintenance and wanting to take the next in their career.
About the role
This is a hands-on role, which reports to the Operations Manager. You will be responsible for managing and maintaining the highest standards of playing surfaces and their surroundings to meet contract specifications. You will work closely with clients and key stakeholders to achieve quality outcomes on the ground. A mechanical aptitude in the use of tractors and turf related equipment and the ability to be flexible in your availability, especially during the cricket season is also required. Where necessary, you will undertake other duties to support the wider Masterton team.
The success factors:
- You will be passionate about sports turf (especially cricket pitches), have energy to burn, and be self-driven
- Ideally, you will hold or be working towards a Level 4 New Zealand Sports Turf Management qualification or equivalent.
- Previous experience managing transitional sports surfaces and have worked with a variety of turf maintenance and renovation equipment
- A strong work ethic with a can-do attitude goes without saying
- Have effective communication skills to liaise with key stakeholders, clients and interest groups
- Strong attention to detail with well-planned organisational skills
- The ability to work autonomously and be a team player as at times you may work within a small team to support a diverse range of operations.
- A current full driver’s license is essential
Here’s what we can offer you:
- To belong to a unique, family orientated, company which cares about their people
- Ability to tap into a wealth of knowledge and experience within the company to support your development
- To receive an annual tool allowance and an annual $300 wellness benefit
- Performance-based salaries that are reviewed annually
- Potential opportunity for internal and external training
- Potential opportunity for advancement
To take your career to the next level, click ‘apply’ or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org