You will be responsible for all response type works associated with the Queenstown Lakes District Council parks and facilities. The work is varied and could range from small projects, installation of bollards, picnic tables, park signs and park benches, hard and soft landscaping, to noxious and debris removal. A key part of this role is to develop excellent working relationships with key stakeholders. At times you may be required to assist the wider Queenstown/Wanaka teams.
- Ideally have previous experience in a similar role
- Be able to demonstrate a broad range of construction and maintenance skills and experience, including the ability to interpret building plans, hard and soft landscaping skills, carpentry, concreting, and machinery operations
- A current full driver's licence with the ability to drive a manual vehicle is essential
- You will be able to work flexible hours to meet the client's requirements
- You will demonstrate a positive attitude towards working safely
- You will be enthusiastic and have a high level of attention to detail.
- You will be reliable, punctual, co-operative, and maintain positive working relationships.
- You will have excellent communication and record keeping skills
- You will be committed to being part of a wider team with a strong work ethic
What we can offer you
- To belong to a unique, family orientated company which cares about their people
- To receive an annual tool allowance and $300 annual wellness benefit
- Performance based salaries that are reviewed annually
- Potential opportunity for advancement in team and company
- Potential opportunity for internal and external training
Recreational Services prides itself with our very special culture that is committed to professionalism, ownership, people and knowledge.
If you are interested in this position and you want to be part of a dedicated, passionate team, then click apply or email your CV to email@example.com