Based from our Queenstown depot, we are on the look-out for Mower Operators who are passion about maintaining parks and reserves to join our Queenstown Lakes District team.
About your new role
This is a frequency based contract and as such there is a variance of the mowing frequency which changes from month to month throughout the year.
The primary responsibilities for this role throughout the high frequency mowing periods will include but not limited to:
- Weed eating,
- Basic mechanical maintenance of plant
- Litter collection and
Throughout the low frequency months you will be required to undertake functions that may include but not be limited to:
- Mulching gardens
- Clearance of waterways
- Assist Horticulture team with hedge trimming
- Assist the Playground Maintenance team with functions such as aeration, shade sail erection and dismantling and cleaning
- Assist Structures team with cleaning and refurbishment of park assets
- You will have a broad range of skills including previous mowing experience and small plant
- Experience using a WAM or Zero Turn mower would be advantageous
- You will have basic mechanical maintenance skills for a range of mowers and small plant
- A current full driver's licence with the ability to drive a manual vehicle is and a class 2 license essential
- You will be able to work flexible hours to meet the client's requirements
- You will demonstrate a positive attitude towards working safely
- You will be reliable, punctual, co-operative, and maintain positive working relationships.
- You will have excellent communication and record keeping skills
- You will be committed to being part of a wider team with a strong work ethic
What we can offer you
- To be part of a unique, family orientated company which cares about their people
- Competitive industry related technology to support you in your role
- You'll receive an annual tool allowance and an annual $300 wellness benefit
- Competitive pay for performance salaries that are reviewed annually
- You will have the opportunity to grow and develop your skills within the parks and open space industry
Recreational Services prides itself with our very special culture that is committed to professionalism, ownership, people and knowledge.
If you are interested in this position and you want to be part of a dedicated, passionate team, then click apply or email your CV to email@example.com