Due to company growth and an increasing internal demand for IT services, we are looking for a highly motivated team player with a broad range of IT skills to join a family-owned NZ company that has a friendly company culture.
About the role
As a Support Technician, based in Takapuna, you'll be part of a busy, highly productive and supportive team. You are responsible for onsite and remote technical support for our growing company. As the first point of contact, your responsibilities include:
- Managing incidents and support requests across a wide variety of matters including software, telecommunications and hardware matters
- Installing, configuring and maintaining operation systems, application software, laptops and PC’s
- Diagnosing and resolving configuration faults in the ICT systems
This role will suit either a recent IT graduate or a Level 1 Service Desk Analyst, who is a fast learner with a passion for exploring new technologies. You will have strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks, have a great work ethic and be team player who has the ability to work autonomously.
Must Have Skills/Experience
- Tertiary qualification in IT from a recognised New Zealand tertiary education provider
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Have a New Zealand Driver’s license
Desired Skills / Experience
- Basic knowledge of Visual Basic, C# and SQL (T-SQL)
- Experience in troubleshooting and deploying Windows OS desktop workstations
- Understanding of Networking Principles (e.g. DNS, DHCP)
- Understanding of switches, VPNs & remote access technology
- Basic knowledge of virtual servers, Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
If you are interested in this role and your skills and experience match then either email firstname.lastname@example.org or click 'Apply' to submit your CV and cover letter. Clearly define in your cover letter why you would be a great candidate for this role and ensure you document your eligibility to work in New Zealand.
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NZ Work Visa or NZ Citizenship/Residency, AND be here in New Zealand for face-to-face interviews.