If you are keen to further your career in international cricket grounds, then this is an opportunity not to be missed
About your dream job
We have a rare, unique opportunity for a Cricket Groundsman to join our Whangarei Sportsfields team. Your first and foremost priority is to take ownership of maintaining the cricket grounds at Cobham Oval for first class and international matches, ensuring highest standards of playing surfaces and their surroundings. You will also be working with the sportsfields team at Toll Stadium and other Whangarei sports grounds to achieve quality outcomes on the ground.
- You must have National Certificate in Sports Turf Management, level 4 and have a minimum of 3 years proven experience maintaining cricket grounds.
- You will be passionate about sports turf, especially preparation of cricket pitches, have energy to burn, self-driven and have a strong work ethic with a can-do attitude
- You will have effective communication skills to liaise with key stakeholders and clients
- You will have a strong attention to detail with well-planned organisational skills and the ability to work autonomously
- You will be flexible to work weekends, especially during the cricket season
- You must have a current, full driver license
Why should you join us?
- To belong to a unique, family orientated company which cares about their people
- A work-life balance so you can spend time with the people you care about
- The opportunity to give back to the community
- An annual tool allowance and $300 annual wellness benefit
- Performance based salaries that are reviewed annually
- We are committed to developing our people and offer opportunities for internal and external training
Opportunities like this do not come around often, so if you are crazy about cricket grounds and your skills and experience match, then apply now to be in the running for this position. To apply for this role, click ‘apply’ or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org