We have a unique opportunity for a Turf Manager to join our Parks and Maintenance contract team based in Whangarei. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Whangarei Sports Parks contract, including first-class Cobham Oval and Toll Stadium. You will be working closely with clients and key stakeholders to achieve quality outcomes on the ground, managing and maintaining the highest standards of playing surfaces and their surroundings, to meet contract specifications. A mechanical aptitude in the use of tractors and turf related equipment and the ability to be flexible in your availability throughout the year is required.
This position will suit applicants with proven success in cricket and turf maintenance who hold a Level 4 New Zealand Sports Turf Management qualification or higher.
- You will have effective communication skills to liaise with key stakeholders, clients and interest groups
- Strong attention to detail with well-planned organisational skills and the ability to work autonomously
- You will have experience with managing staff including trainees
- Previous experience with variety of turf maintenance and renovation equipment, and managing transitional sports surfaces
- A current full Drivers Licence
What we can offer you
- To receive an annual tool allowance
- Annual $300 wellness benefit
- Competitive pay for performance salaries, that are reviewed annually
- Potential opportunity for advancement in team and company
- Potential opportunity for internal and external training
Recreational Services prides itself with our very special culture that is committed to professionalism, ownership, people and knowledge.
If this role sounds like you and you are looking for that next challenge email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions regarding this role, contact Anita - 021 782 634