Do you have the drive to succeed, pride yourself on your technical ability, team work and innovative nature, are looking for an environment where you are encouraged to reach your potential and be rewarded accordingly?
Due to expansion, we have a newly created position for a Team Manager – Projects to join our Auckland Project Services team based at our North Shore Depot. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for small scale landscaping and construction projects. This is an exciting, diverse position that requires a highly organised and self-motivated Team Manager –Projects, who will deliver on landscaping construction, for a wide range of project works.
In this position, you will take a “hands on approach” whilst taking full ownership with the co-ordination of a team to ensure project completion within specifications.
Here is a snap shot of what you will be responsible for:
- Seeking new business opportunities
- Pricing, tenders, and design and build of small projects in the region of $300,000
- Site supervision and construction work from plans to completion
- Ensuring legal and company compliance with health and safety, consents and building standards
- Managing a team to ensure contract standards and deadlines are met
For this role will need to demonstrate a wide range of skills which include:
- A proven work history in building and/or hard landscaping
- Sound leadership skills with proven experience managing a team of landscaping and construction members
- The ability to read detailed construction plans and manage the project to completion
- Strong computer and administration skills
- Effective communication between key stakeholders
- The ability to build and maintain successful relationships with key stakeholders
- Ideally you will have exposure to developing new business
- Self-motived to achieve deadlines and exceed client expectations
- Manage sub-contractors
Why should you join us?
- To be part of a unique, family orientated company which cares about their people
- A work-life balance so you can spend time with the people you care about
- The opportunity to give back to the community
- An annual tool allowance and $300 annual wellness benefit
- Your performance based salaries are reviewed annually
- We are committed to developing our people and offer opportunities for internal and external training
About your new company
Recreational Services are a family owned business which specialises in Sports Turf Management and have diversified into a professional full facility parks maintenance company, operating across New Zealand. Recreational Services prides itself with our very special culture that is committed to professionalism, ownership, people and knowledge. Enough about us, you can read more on our website www.rs.kiwi.nz - we want to hear about you.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a passionate and enthusiastic team, so if your skills and experience match, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role, click ‘apply’ or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For any questions contact Christine – 021 743 124.