Reporting the Operations Manager – Whangarei, you will be responsible for a team of 12 staff, driving the day to day activities and helping to build a team who are focused and driven to achieve excellence and pride in what they do. You will maintain a hands-on approach, taking ownership of all areas of responsibility, supporting the Operations Manager in terms of people and performance management, quality control and auditing, budgetary reviews, and plant maintenance in order to meet divisional priorities. You will manage your own workload, be extremely self-driven, and have the means to work flexible hours.
This is a great opportunity for applicants who enjoy a daily hands-on approach, leading staff to achieve deadlines and exceed client expectations.
- You will have proven experience in turf management or mowing
- Be able to demonstrate sound leadership skills and enthusiasm to motivate a team
- Be able to demonstrate strong organisational and planning skills to coordinate and manage workloads
- You will have a strong mechanical knowledge relating to mowers and small plant
- Have a strong desire to get the job done to the highest standard
- Be reliable, meticulous and have an organised approach to work
- Have strong computing and administration skills
- You will hold and current New Zealand Class 1 and 2 Licence.
What we can offer you
- To be part of a unique, family orientated company which cares about their people
- Competitive industry related technology to support you in your role
- To receive an annual tool allowance
- Annual $300 wellness benefit
- Competitive pay for performance salaries, that are reviewed annually
- Potential opportunity for advancement in team and company
- Potential opportunity for internal and external training
Recreational Services prides itself with our very special culture that is committed to professionalism, ownership, people and knowledge.
This is a fantastic chance to join a dedicated and enthusiastic team, so if your experience and qualifications match, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions, please contact Christine on 021 743 124.