We are on the lookout for a Team Manager to support and drive our horticulture team!
About the role
Our Horticulture Team Manager is moving to a new contract so we now have a great opportunity for a new team member to lead the Christchurch Horticulture team. Operations Manager – Christchurch, you will be responsible for a team of 7 full time staff, driving the day to day activities, helping to build a team who are focused and driven to achieve excellence and pride in what they do. You will maintain a hands-on approach, taking ownership of all areas within their responsibility, supporting the Operations Manager in terms of people and performance management, quality control and auditing, budgetary reviews, and plant maintenance in order to meet divisional priorities. You will manage your own workload, be extremely self-driven, and have the means to work flexible hours.
This is a great opportunity for applicants who enjoy a daily hands-on approach, leading staff to achieve deadlines and exceed client expectations.
- A relevant horticultural qualification is preferred OR a wide range of horticultural skills and experience
- Be able to demonstrate strong organisational and planning skills to coordinate and manage workloads
- Proven experience overseeing projects and managing work schedules
- Have strong computing and administration skills
- Leadership skills with an enthusiasm to motivate a team
- Experience in effective communication between key stakeholders, clients, interest groups and employees
- Class 1 licence with the ability to drive a manual vehicle
What we can offer you
- To be part of a unique, family orientated company which cares about their people
- Competitive industry related technology to support you in your role
- To receive an annual tool allowance
- Annual $300 wellness benefit
- Competitive pay for performance salaries, that are reviewed annually
- Potential opportunity for advancement in team and company
- Potential opportunity for internal and external training
Recreational Services prides itself with our very special culture that is committed to professionalism, ownership, people and knowledge.
If this role sounds like you and you are looking for that next challenge then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role click ‘apply’ or email your CV to email@example.com. For any questions regarding this role, contact Christine on 021 743 124.