Based from our Feilding depot, we are currently on the lookout for a permanent, full time Spray Operator who is keen to join a great team who all enjoy that work-life balance.
A typical day in the boots of a Spray Operator:
- Meet at depot at 6:50am for a quick catch up with the team and a hot coffee
- In the truck by 7:00am to head out for the day to various parks and green spaces around Manawatu
- Daily tasks: Spray operations and vegetation control; including plant identification application of organic herbicide to control weeds, general parks vegetation maintenance.
- Two breaks throughout the day, morning tea and lunchtime – depending on the parks set out for the day you could be having lunch at any of the Manawatu parks. And lastly, back to the yard for 3:30pm home time.
- Be hardworking and reliable and a good team player
- Have the ability to prioritise and work to time frames
- Have a full driver license and be confident driving a manual vehicle
- Spray experience is a bonus but not necessary if you have a good work attitude and keen to learn new skills
- Growsafe certificate would be an extra bonus, but again not necessary
- A quad bike certificate is really advantageous
- Ideally you would also have experience with a range of power tools
About your new company
We are a family owned business who believe parks are unique and this demands a devotion of energy from people with a passion, which we have an abundance of across all levels of our organisation, we are parks people and proud of it. For more information on our awesome company please visit our website www.rs.kiwi.nz
If you are keen on this role, then click apply or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions, please contact Christine on 021 743 124.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.