About the role
Reporting to the Team Manager, you will respond to minor projects and daily call outs for the repair and maintenance of assets in the Queenstown Lakes District parks. The work is varied and could include repairs, installation of bollards, picnic tables, park signs and park benches, implementing new plantings, as well as hard landscaping. At times you may be required to assist the wider Queenstown team.
- Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role
- You will be able to demonstrate a broad range of construction and maintenance skills and experience, including the ability to interpret building plans, hard and soft landscaping skills, carpentry, concreting, and machinery operations
- A current full driver’s licence with the ability to drive a manual vehicle is essential (maybe class 2 tbc)
- You will be able to work flexible hours to meet the client’s requirements
- You will demonstrate a positive attitude towards working safely
- You will be reliable, punctual, co-operative, and maintain positive working relationships.
- You will have excellent communication and record keeping skills
- You will be committed to being part of a wider team with a strong work ethic
- You will have the ability to co-ordinate and organise response related tasks to meet priorities
What we can offer you
- $500 on-board bonus on you've been with the team 3 months
- To be part of a unique, family orientated company which cares about their people
- Competitive industry related technology to support you in your role
- To receive an annual tool allowance
- Annual $300 wellness benefit
- Competitive pay for performance salaries, that are reviewed annually
- Potential opportunity for advancement in team and company
- Potential opportunity for internal and external training
Recreational Services prides itself with our very special culture that is committed to professionalism, ownership, people and knowledge.
If you are interested in this position and you want to be part of a dedicated and enthusiastic passionate team, then click apply or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For any questions contact Christine – 021 743 124.