About your new role
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for small scale construction projects and daily call outs for repair and maintenance of Council assets. This is a diverse role where no two days are the same so you will need to demonstrate a variety of skills which include extensive building and or landscaping experience and management of employees
Here’s a snap shot into your new role!
- Brief the team on the day ahead.
- Head out to your scenic outdoor office where you will spend 50-75% of your day on the tools to support your team with anything from landscaping, installing or repairing picnic tables and chairs, bollards, artworks, and shelters.
- On other days, you could be conducting internal audits, pricing and quoting for projects, assisting with tender submissions, organizing subcontractors, planning and coordinating for projects and liaising with clients.
- You will have proven history in landscaping construction or a building background
- Proven experience overseeing projects and managing work schedules
- Be able to demonstrate strong organisational and planning skills to coordinate and manage the team workloads
- Have strong computing and administration skills
- Proven leadership skills with an enthusiasm to motivate a team
- You will demonstrate a positive attitude towards working safely
- Experience in effective communication between key stakeholders, clients, interest groups and employees
- Full New Zealand Driver license with ability to drive a manual
- You will be committed to being part of a wider team with a strong work ethic
What we can offer you
- To be part of a unique, family orientated company which cares about their people
- A work-life balance so you can spend time with the people you care about
- The opportunity to give back to the community
- An annual tool allowance and $300 annual wellness benefit
- Your performance based salaries are reviewed annually
- We are committed to developing our people and offer opportunities for internal and external training
Recreational Services prides itself with our very special culture that is committed to professionalism, ownership, people and knowledge.
If you are interested in this position and you want to be part of a dedicated and enthusiastic passionate team, then click apply or email your CV to email@example.com For any questions contact Christine – 021 743 124.