Recreational Services are excited to be extending our services to the Queenstown Lakes District in March 2018 and we are proud to be given the opportunity to look after your many wonderful parks. We have been blown away by the natural beauty of the area and excited by the Council’s vision for the future of the parks.
Reporting to the Team Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the Queenstown Lakes District playgrounds and park assets, whilst keeping yourself and others safe. Based from either the Queenstown or Wanaka depot, you will be responsible for all basic handyman functions, installation of bollards, water blasting and playground maintenance including inspections and repairs. At times you may be required to assist the wider Queenstown team.
- You will have a broad range of handyman skills and preferably previous experience with playground maintenance and inspections
- A current full driver’s licence with the ability to drive a manual vehicle is essential
- You will be able to work flexible hours to meet the client’s requirements
- You will demonstrate a positive attitude towards working safely
- You will be reliable, punctual, co-operative, and maintain positive working relationships.
- You will have excellent communication and record keeping skills
- You will be committed to being part of a wider team with a strong work ethic
- Ideally you would have completed a Playground Inspection and Maintenance Course Level 2, however this is not essential as we are willing to train the right person
What we can offer you
- To be part of a unique, family orientated company which cares about their people
- Competitive industry related technology to support you in your role
- To receive an annual tool allowance
- Annual $300 wellness benefit
- Competitive pay for performance salaries, that are reviewed annually
- Potential opportunity for advancement in team and company
- Potential opportunity for internal and external training
Recreational Services prides itself with our very special culture that is committed to professionalism, ownership, people and knowledge.
If you are interested in this position and you want to be part of a dedicated and enthusiastic passionate team, then click apply or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For any questions contact Christine – 021 743 124.
Applications close 9th February