Due to internal movement, this exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager with a ‘can do attitude’ to lead our Whangarei parks and reserves team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, you will manage ongoing relationships and operations that deliver to the contract specifications and maintain enjoyable spaces for the community. The team of 40 has a diverse range of activities that include mowing, horticulture, turf and responsive duties across six core contracts in the Whangarei area.
- You will be an experienced successful leader, well versed in building teams, with sound communication and inter-personal skills who will bring a passion to manage, motivate and inspire their people.
- You will be confident and enjoy the opportunity to engage and build relationships with key stakeholders as well as the community.
- You will be committed a culture of health and safety
- You will have sound organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
- You will be able to demonstrate strong contract management, report writing skills have and sound business and financial acumen
- You will have strong computer skills including a range systems and in Microsoft Office.
- A qualification in either Horticulture or Sports Turf Management will be advantageous.
- A current, full class 1 driver license is essential for this role
What we can offer you
- To be part of a unique, family orientated company which cares about their people
- To be part of a high performing, supportive team
- Competitive industry related technology to support you in your role
- Opportunity to develop and grow your skills
- External and Internal training opportunities
- A competitive and attractive remuneration package that is reviewed annually
- $300 annual wellness allowance
Recreational Services prides itself with our very special culture that is committed to professionalism, ownership, people and knowledge.
This is a fantastic chance to join a dedicated and enthusiastic team, so if your experience and qualifications match, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, email your CV to email@example.com. For any questions, please contact Christine on 021 743 124.