Recreational Services are excited to be extending our services to the Queenstown Lakes District in March 2018 and we are proud to be given the opportunity to look after the many wonderful parks. We have been blown away by the natural beauty of the area and excited by the Council’s vision for the future of the parks.
Reporting to the Team Manager, you will be responsible for general parks maintenance for the Queenstown Lakes District whilst keeping yourself and others safe. This is a frequency based contract and as such there is a variance of the mowing frequency which changes from month to month throughout the year. As such there will be multiple roles for this position.
The primary duties and responsibilities for this role throughout the high frequency mowing periods will include but not limited to:
- Weed eating,
- Basic mechanical maintenance of plant
- Litter collection and
Throughout the low frequency months the mower operator will also be required to undertake functions that may include but not be limited to:
- Mulching gardens
- Clearance of waterways
- Assist Horticulture team with hedge trimming
- Assist the Playground Maintenance team with functions such as aeration, shade sail erection and dismantling and cleaning
- Assist Structures team with cleaning and refurbishment of park assets
- You will have a broad range of skills including previous mowing experience and small plant
- Experience using a WAM or Zero Turn mower would be advantageous
- You will have basic mechanical maintenance skills for a range of mowers and small plant
- A current full driver’s licence with the ability to drive a manual vehicle is and a class 2 license essential
- You will be able to work flexible hours to meet the client’s requirements
- You will demonstrate a positive attitude towards working safely
- You will be reliable, punctual, co-operative, and maintain positive working relationships.
- You will have excellent communication and record keeping skills
- You will be committed to being part of a wider team with a strong work ethic
What we can offer you
- $500 on-board bonus (payable once you've been with the team 3 months)
- To be part of a unique, family orientated company which cares about their people
- Competitive industry related technology to support you in your role
- To receive an annual tool allowance
- Annual $300 wellness benefit
- Competitive pay for performance salaries, that are reviewed annually
- Potential opportunity for advancement in team and company
- Potential opportunity for internal and external training
Recreational Services prides itself with our very special culture that is committed to professionalism, ownership, people and knowledge.
If you are interested in this position and you want to be part of a dedicated, passionate team, then click apply or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For any questions contact Christine – 021 743 124.
Applications close 9th February 2018