Reporting to the Team Manager, you will be responsible for the mowing the 13 Tupuna Maunga parks, whilst ensuring the safety of yourself and others. This is a diverse role which includes mowing, basic mechanical maintenance of plant, weed eating and spraying.
Tupuna Maunga are:
- Matukutururu/Wiri Mountain
- Maungakiekie/One Tree Hill
- Maungarei/Mount Wellington
- Maungawhau/Mount Eden
- Maungauika/North Head
- Owairaka/Te Ahi-ka-a-Rakataura/ Mount Albert
- Ohinerau/Mount Hobson
- Ohuiarangi/Pigeon Mountain
- Otahuhu/Mount Richmond
- Pukewiwi/Puketapapa/Mount Roskill
- Te Kopuke/Tītikopuke/Mount St John
- Takarunga/Mount Victoria
- Te Tatua a Riukiuta/Big King.
- Previous experience working on wahi tapu and culturally sensitive sites is highly desirable.
- Understanding of the spiritual, ancestral, cultural and historic significance of the maunga.
- A high level of cultural capability or strong willingness and eagerness to learn. Including the following:The ability to work with and relate to people from different cultural backgrounds.
- The ability to pronounce Maori words correctly and ability to champion the correct pronunciation of ancestral Maori names for the maunga.
- An understanding of tikanga Maori, with particular regard to tikanga pertaining to Nga Mana Whenua O Tamaki Makaurau
- The ability to Speak Te Reo Maori would be highly desirable.
- The ability to work with and relate to people from different cultural backgrounds
- Enjoy working outdoors, have a good level of fitness and have energy to burn.
- Hold a NZ full driver's licence
- Previous experience on a ride on mower and using a weedeater
- Basic mechanical knowledge of mowers and weedeaters
- Have a current, full driver licence
- Be able to work flexible hours to provide a full facilities maintenance service
- Have a strong desire to get the job done to the highest standard
- Be reliable, meticulous and have an organised approach to work
- Be committed to being part of a wider team with strong work ethic
What we can offer you
- To receive an annual tool allowance
- Annual $300 wellness benefit
- Competitive pay for performance salaries, that are reviewed annually
- Potential opportunity for advancement in team and company
- Potential opportunity for internal and external training
Recreational Services prides itself with our very special culture that is committed to professionalism, ownership, people and knowledge.
If this role sounds like you and you are looking for that next challenge, then click ‘apply’ or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions regarding the role, please contact Christine on 021 743 124.