Based in Kaitaia, we have an exciting opportunity for a Labourer to join our Far North division. This role primarily supports the Response team. You will be enjoy physical work, getting stuck in and working with the elements so a good physical fitness is essential. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to, all basic handyman functions, building, asset and playground maintenance, water blasting, cleaning and maintenance of ablution blocks, painting, fencing, vegetation control, rubbish collection and disposal, and general tidiness of allocated sites.
- Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role
- You must have current full driver’s license
- Previous experience with operating machinery would be advantageous
- The ability to work autonomously and be committed to being part of a wider team with strong work ethic, be reliable, adaptable, punctual, co-operative and maintain positive working relationships
- Undertake with a positive attitude any internal/external training required for the role
- Have effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Be able to work flexible hours to provide a full facilities maintenance service when required
What we can offer you
- Competitive pay for performance salaries, that are reviewed annually
- To receive an annual tool allowance
- Annual $300 wellness benefit
- Potential opportunity for advancement in team and company
- Potential opportunity for internal and external training any
- Potential opportunity for internal and external training
Recreational Services prides itself with our very special culture that is committed to professionalism, ownership, people and knowledge.
This is a fantastic chance to join a dedicated and enthusiastic team, so if your experience and qualifications match, we would love to hear from you.
If this role sounds like you and you are looking for that next challenge, then click ‘apply’ or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions, please contact Christine on 021 743 124.