Due to company growth and an increasing internal demand for IT services, we are looking for a highly motivated recent graduate with a broad IT skill to join a family-owned NZ company that has a friendly company culture.
About the role
Based from our head office in Takapuna, you will be part of our small but professional IT team, where you will be reporting to the IT Manager. You will hold a wide range of responsibilities such as troubleshooting application issues and workstation issues for our internal customers, liaising with external suppliers, developing/coding in Visual Basic, C# and SQL, and rolling out technologies company-wide. Other duties will include training staff members on our computer systems, assisting in development and testing of new systems/hardware, and any other administrative tasks as required.
This permanent, full time will suit recent graduates looking to kick-start their IT career. You will need to have the following skills/qualifications:
- Eligible to work in New Zealand and hold a valid New Zealand driver’s license.
- A tertiary qualification in IT from a recognised New Zealand tertiary education provider.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written as you will be liaising with internal and external parties.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in troubleshooting and setting up Windows OS desktop workstations.
- Basic knowledge of virtual servers, Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, in particular Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge of Visual Basic, C# and SQL (T-SQL).
- Great attention to detail with excellent time management and ability to prioritise work efficiently.
- A great work ethic, be a team player and have the ability to work autonomously.
Recreational Services is an award-winning company with a passion for parks and thrives on making recreational open spaces look the best they can for the community to enjoy every day. We are fully committed to a culture of excellence, and continuous improvement while caring for our people, clients and communities. For more information, check out the rest of our website.
Please clearly define in your cover letter why you would be a great candidate for this role. Applications close Friday, 20th July 2018.