Recreational Services are excited to be extending our services to the Queenstown Lakes District in March 2018 and we are proud to be given the opportunity to look after your many wonderful parks. We have been blown away by the natural beauty of the area and excited by the Council’s vision for the future of the parks.
Reporting to the Team Manager, you will be responsible for general parks maintenance for the Queenstown Lakes District whilst keeping yourself and others safe. Based from either the Wanaka or Queenstown depot, you will be responsible for general garden maintenance including planting, pruning, spraying, hedge trimming, rubbish collection and supporting the Queenstown team where necessary. (Include hours of work)
- Have a relevant New Zealand qualification (or equivalent) in amenity horticulture (Level 4) and a minimum of two years practical experience in amenity horticulture maintenance
- You will have a current Growsafe and Approved Handler Certificate
- Ideally you will have a basic mechanical knowledge of small plant
- A current full driver’s licence with the ability to drive a manual vehicle is essential
- You will be able to work flexible hours to meet the client’s requirements
- You will demonstrate a positive attitude towards working safely
- You will be reliable, punctual, co-operative, and maintain positive working relationships.
- You will have excellent communication and record keeping skills
- You will be committed to being part of a wider team with a strong work ethic
What we can offer you
- To be part of a unique, family orientated company which cares about their people
- Competitive industry related technology to support you in your role
- To receive an annual tool allowance
- Annual $300 wellness benefit
- Competitive pay for performance salaries, that are reviewed annually
- Potential opportunity for advancement in team and company
- Potential opportunity for internal and external training
Recreational Services prides itself with our very special culture that is committed to professionalism, ownership, people and knowledge.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a passionate and enthusiastic team, so if your skills and experience match, then we want to hear from you. To apply, click ‘apply’ or email your CV to email@example.com For any questions contact Christine – 021 743 124.
Applications will close 9th February.