About this role
Reporting to the Team Manager, this position is part of our growing Christchurch Horticulture team. Using a wide range of Horticultural equipment you will l be tasked with general garden maintenance and duties which will include plant identification, plant layout, planting and pruning of garden plants and trees, gardening, spraying and weed control, mowing, landscape construction and other general gardening maintenance related duties and working with the wider Christchurch team to assist where ever necessary.
- You will have a relevant New Zealand qualification (or equivalent) in amenity horticulture (Minimum level 4) and have a minimum of five years previous practical experience in amenity horticulture maintenance
- Hold a current Growsafe, Approve Handler Certificate and Chainsaw qualification
- Hold a minimum of a full New Zealand car license
- Have the ability to liaise with clients in an effective manner
- Have tractor and ride on machinery experience?
- Have the ability to manage a team and induct staff?
- Have the willingness to accept responsibility and take ownership of jobs
- Be able to prioritise, and ability to work within time frames
- Be a hard worker, physically fit and the strong desire to get the job done
What we can offer you
- Annual tool allowance
- $300 Wellness benefit
- Competitive pay for performance salaries, that are reviewed annually
- Potential opportunity for advancement in team and company
- Potential opportunity for internal and external training
Recreational Services prides itself with our very special culture that is committed to professionalism, ownership, people and knowledge.
This is a fantastic chance to join a dedicated and enthusiastic team, so if your experience and qualifications match, we would love to hear from you. To apply, email your CV to email@example.com. For any questions, please contact Christine on 021 743 124.
If this role sounds like you and you are looking for that next challenge then apply now by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for questions you can contact Christine on 021 743 124.