Recreational Services is a proudly owned NZ business and is a leader in the parks and open spaces industry. We provide specialist maintenance and management services of parks and recreational spaces throughout New Zealand.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Gardener with proven horticulture and spraying experience to join our Whangarei Horticulture team. You’ll enjoy physical work, working outdoors and getting stuck in. Using a wide range of horticultural equipment and techniques you will be tasked with general garden maintenance duties which will include planting, pruning, spraying, hedge trimming and rubbish collection. The ability to work as part of a wider team to meet contract requirements is also a must.
Successful applicants will…
- A relevant Level 2 Horticultural qualification preferred and a current Grow safe and Approved Handlers certificate
- At least two years practical experience in horticultural gardening.
- A passion for people, plants and working outdoors
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- The ability to liaise with clients in a professional manner
- Excellent time management skills
- A good level of fitness, be hard working, adaptable and enthusiastic
- A current full driver’s licence
- The desire to get the job done and work as part of a wider team
- For competitive pay for performance salaries, that are reviewed annually
- To qualify for a $300 wellness benefit annually
- For advancement in our teams and company
- For internal and external training
At Recreational Services we pride ourselves with our very special culture that is committed to professionalism, ownership, people and knowledge.
If this role sounds like you and you are looking for that next challenge then apply now by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for questions you can contact Christine on 021 743 124.